Terms of Service
This is a legal agreement (Agreement) between you and Meet More You, a website and mobile application owned and operated by Meet More You, Inc. The Meet More You website (Website) and mobile application (App) allows persons who register with the Website or App (a Member) to post social activities (Socials), RSVP to Socials and post comments regarding the Socials (e.g. to coordinate with other Members).
- login to the Meet More You Website or App,
- select Settings,
- select Delete Account and confirm your decision.
- Registration and Services
- Members may search for Socials based on activity date, location, participants' age range, and topics/keywords.
- Members may RSVP to Socials that they are interested in.
- Members may post comments (e.g. questions and information) about the Social they wish to participate in.
- Members may organize and post Socials of their own for other Members to participate in.
- Members may set filters (based on location, age range and topics) for the Members they want to invite to their Socials.
- Members may receive information or invitations to participate in Socials organized by other members or Socials that are sponsored or co-sponsored by Meet More You. These Socials may have associated costs.
- Non-Commercial Use
- collecting information contained in a Member's online profile or collecting user names and/or email addresses of Members (by electronic or other means) for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, and
- unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website/App.
- Confidentiality of Information
- Interactions with Other Persons
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MEET MORE YOU CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS. MEET MORE YOU ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS. MEET MORE YOU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY MEMBER, CURRENT OR FUTURE. MEET MORE YOU RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL MEET MORE YOU BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE/APP, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THE WEBSITE/APP. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS, PARTICULARLY WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH OTHERS OUTSIDE THE WEBSITE/APP AND/OR IN PERSON. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MEET MORE YOU MAKES NO GUARANTEES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING YOUR ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY WITH INDIVIDUALS YOU MEET THROUGH THE WEBSITE/APP. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION TO PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THE WEBSITE/APP (FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION).
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN SOCIALS POSTED ON THE MEET MORE YOU WEBSITE/APP. MEET MORE YOU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SOCIALS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE/APP BY MEMBERS.
- MEET MORE YOU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING SOCIALS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE/APP SPONSORED OR HOSTED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY MEET MORE YOU. MEET MORE YOU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE COMPATIBILITY OF ATTENDEES AT SOCIALS SPONSORED OR HOSTED BY MEET MORE YOU OR AT SOCIALS CO-HOSTED OR CO-SPONSORED WITH A THIRD PARTY. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY AT SOCIALS HOSTED, SPONSORED, CO-HOSTED OR CO-SPONSORED BY MEET MORE YOU. MEET MORE YOU MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING SOCIALS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE/APP THAT ARE SPONSORED OR HOSTED SOLELY BY THIRD PARTIES.
- Ownership of Meet More You Content
- Meet More You owns and retains all proprietary rights of the Website/App and the Services. The Website/App contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of Meet More You and its licensees. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
- Advice, opinions, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Website/App, but not directly by Meet More You, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such Content.
- Meet More You does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information posted by Members on the Website/App, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by Members on the Website/App. Under no circumstances will Meet More You be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other Content posted on the Website/App by Members or transmitted to or by any Member.
- Member Content
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on the Website/App, or transmit to other Members. You will not post on the Website/App, or transmit to other Members, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to Meet More You or to any other Member. If information provided to Meet More You, or other Members, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify Meet More You of such a change. You are solely responsible for correcting any inaccurate information.
- You understand and agree that Meet More You may review and remove any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of Meet More You, (i) violates this Agreement or (ii) which might be offensive or illegal, or (iii) that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members.
- By posting Content to any area of the Website/App, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Meet More You, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license: (i) to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such information and Content, and (ii) to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and Content, and (iii) to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your Content by Meet More You will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members without Meet More You's express written permission. This includes but is not limited to solicitation or advertising to buy or sell any products or services or to attend Socials in which you retain a commercial interest. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. You may not use any information obtained from the Website/App or use any of the Services to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or to advertise, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.
- You certify that all information you include in your Member profile is accurate, current and complete.
- Prohibited Activities
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register as a Member of Meet More You or access the Website/App. By accessing the Website/App or registering as a Member, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you become a Member, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website/App and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by
You may Contact Us online if you have any issues removing yourself.
We may terminate your membership by sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your registration, or such other email address as you may provide to us. All decisions regarding the termination of membership shall be made at the sole discretion of Meet More You. Meet More You is not required to provide you notice prior to terminating your membership. Meet More You will not refund any purchases or fees already paid at the time we terminate your membership. After your membership is terminated, all terms that by their nature may survive termination of this Agreement shall be deemed to survive such termination.
Members of Meet More You receive access to the services provided by Meet More You (Services). Meet More You offers the following Services:
By registering as a Member, you consent to Meet More You displaying your profile to persons who access the Website/App and you consent to Meet More You utilizing Content provided by you to advertise the Website/App and/or the Services to third parties.
The Meet More You Website/App is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors without written permission from Meet More You. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Services or the Website/App for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website/App, includes but is not limited to:
Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website/App may be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken. This includes, without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Use of the Website/App is with the permission of Meet More You, which may be revoked at any time, for any reason, in Meet More You's sole discretion.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the email and password that you designate during the registration process, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your email and password. You agree to immediately notify Meet More You of any unauthorized use of your email or password or any other breach of security. Meet More You is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
Meet More You reserves the right to investigate and terminate your membership if you have misused the Services, or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal. Meet More You retains sole discretion to determine if your actions violate the policies established in this Agreement. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Services:
- You will not impersonate any person or entity.
- You will not use any offensive, derogatory, violent, racist or sexually offensive language in the post of your Social activity, when commenting about a Social or when communicating with other Members through the Website/App.
- You will not post any offensive, derogatory, violent, racist or sexually explicit photos or videos on the Website/App.
- You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass any Member.
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Meet More You without our specific prior written consent.
- You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website/App, its Services or its Contents.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Website/App.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt the Website/App or the servers or networks connected to the Website/App.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Website/App.
- You will not "frame" or "mirror" any part of the Website/App, without Meet More You's prior written authorization. You also shall not use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Meet More You in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- You will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Website/App or any software used on or for the Website/App or cause others to do so.
Meet More You reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website/App, subscriptions/fees, or the Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Meet More You shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website/App or the Services.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website/App in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website/App; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. To reach Meet More You's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement, Contact Us.
- login to the Website/App,
- select Settings,
- select Email & Mobile Notifications,
- check or un-check the boxes for the email preferences you would like, then click Update.
You may also Contact Us online if you have any issues changing your email preferences.
- Meet More You is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website/App or in connection with the Services, whether caused by Users, Members, advertisers, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by Meet More You. Meet More You is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User or Member of the Website/App.
- Meet More You assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User or Member communications. Meet More You is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. Meet More You is not responsible for injury or damage to Users and/or Members as a result of these malfunctions or technical problems. Meet More You is not responsible for any problems to or technical malfunction of any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Website/App and/or in connection with the Services.
- Under no circumstances will Meet More You or any of its advertisers, promoters or partners be responsible for any loss or damage, including emotional or personal injury or death, resulting from (1) anyone's use of the Website/App or the Services, (2) any Content posted on the Website/App or transmitted to Members, or (3) any interactions between Members or Users of the Website/App, whether online or offline. The Website/App and the Services are provided "AS-IS" and Meet More You expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement. Meet More You cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website/App and/or the Services.
- In addition to the preceding paragraphs and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted on the Website/App is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, mental, legal, or other advice. Meet More You makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Website/App. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
Meet More You may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Meet More You has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Meet More You is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, services, goods or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Meet More You shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL MEET MORE YOU BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE/APP, EVEN IF MEET MORE YOU HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. MEET MORE YOU'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY COMPLAINT OR CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE/APP OR SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED THE FEE YOU PAID FOR THAT SERVICE.
- The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof), the Services, or the Website/App shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against Meet More You in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction. But whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against Meet More You any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- By using the Website/App and/or becoming a Member, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and Meet More You (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
- Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against Meet More You (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Alameda County, California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
- This Agreement, and any dispute between you and Meet More You, shall be governed by the laws of the state of California without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
You agree to indemnify and hold Meet More You, its officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website/App or the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and Meet More You regarding the use of the Website/App and/or the Services. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement is subject to change by Meet More You at any time. The revised terms will be effective upon posting on the Website/App and your use of the Website/App after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of the revised Agreement.
Last Updated: 7/15/2018
- Information We Collect
- How we use Your Information
When you register with us on our Website/App we collect your name (or alias), email, gender, age (month and year of birth), and the region you live in (city, state and country). We ask for a recent recognizable photo of you so that other members can easily identify you. We ask you to provide topics, activities and/or keywords of things that you are interested in.
As you use our Website/App, we may acquire other photos of you when a member uploads photos of the Social or when you upload additional photos of yourself. We may also acquire additional information about activities you are interested in when you RSVP to Socials.
If you organize and post a Social activity, information about that Social is collected including: what, when, where, photos, links and other details of your Social.
When you organize or RSVP to a Social, we display your name/alias and photo so that others may have an idea of who you are and who will be joining the Social.
We DO NOT display your email, age, the region you live in or the topics you are interested in. That information is used to send invitations to you for Socials that match your profile. For example, a Member can organize and post a Social activity, and then set the criteria for who they would like to attend their Social. If those criteria match your profile, then you will receive an invitation to their Social.
If you organize and post a Social activity, your Social will be publicly displayed and searchable on our Website/App unless you specify the Private option. Users (including non-members) can search and view public Socials. Users (including non-members) may see the organizer/host of the Social but CAN NOT see who has RSVP'ed to the Social or other Members of Meet More You. Non-members cannot message/contact any Member of Meet More You.
If the Private option is set, only Members who are invited can view and RSVP to the Social. "Invited" individuals include Members who were sent the invitation and Members or non-members who were forwarded the invitation by invited Members. Private Socials are not publically visible or searchable.
We may use your email address to send announcements about the Website/App and your membership as well as invitations to Socials, or a weekly listing of upcoming public Socials, and/or a regular newsletter. We do not provide your email address to third parties, although emails we send to you may include information on goods, services or events offered or organized by third parties. If you do not wish to receive our general emails, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list.
We DO NOT provide your email to third parties. We may provide third parties with general anonymous statistics about our Members and Users based on information you provide us. When we provide general statistics to third parties, we remove anything that personally identifies you.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Meet More You if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Meet More You, our Members or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may also use your information to help advertisers connect with their targeted audiences. In these instances, we provide you with advertising content based on advertisers' desired audiences and the information that you have provided us. The information we use (if any) is: your age, gender, location (city & state) and topics of interest. For example, if you include "hiking" as one of your topics of interest, or you RSVP to a hiking Social, or you post a hiking Social, we may provide you with advertisements related to hiking, camping and/or outdoor gear.
You may be required to provide your credit card information to pay certain fees. We do not store credit card information ourselves. This information is collected and securely transmitted to a third party service who will retain your credit card information and charge your account on our behalf. To facilitate future charges, we may store an encrypted id to your card information.
If you have questions about these privacy practices, please Contact Us online.
Last Updated: 2/25/2018